Holkham Country Fair
- Popular family-friendly country fair packed with shows and attractions.
- Over 30,000 visitors.
- Event achieved national attention from The Times and Mail on Sunday.
- Coverage reached a total audience of 3 million +
Holkham Country Fair is North Norfolk’s well-loved biannual country fair, taking place in the grounds of the beautiful 18th century Holkham Hall. The family-friendly event offers visitors a packed programme of shows and attractions.
Our brief was to publicise Holkham Country Fair across East Anglia and beyond through Event PR, And:
- Position the event as a family-friendly weekend, offering something for everyone
- Encourage people to book advance online tickets
- Generate media coverage in Leicestershire to attract visitors from further afield
- Promote the camping offer – available for the very first time
- Provide a robust press office service, managing media enquiries and photo opportunities.
We wanted to publicise what was on offer to a diverse audience, using multiple media channels.
Developing a PR plan, we earned media attention through:
- Building relationships with journalists and bloggers and finding out what content they required
- Organising competitions to gain attention from out-of-region media
- Managing social media over the event weekend
- Capturing video footage with a view to release professional, newsworthy content for a regional newspaper and to share across social media.
Achieving significant media coverage across regional and national press including The Times and Mail on Sunday, the event was attended by 30,000 people.
As part of the coverage, video content was used by the EDP24 over the weekend making the fair a go-to event.
Reflection PR also arranged six competitions in a variety of media publications, helping to spread the word and gain significant interest with hundreds of entries.
Thank you very much indeed for everything you did to make Holkham Country Fair 2015 a success.
Sarah Green, Holkham Country Fair