By 2017, video content will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic, according to Cisco. So, what is it exactly about video content that makes it so popular for businesses?
Here’s why we think video bolsters your online presence:
- Videos tell a story – Did you know that seven in 10 people view brands more positively after watching interesting content about them?
- Increases your reach – The number of platforms for video is growing – including You Tube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope. Combine this with the fact that video is peerless means you can easily reach a large audience
- Digestible content – One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words – so you can share complex messages in a simple, engaging way
- Grab someone’s attention – With more and more social channels to compete with, our attention spans are dwindling. You now only have 9 seconds to grab someone’s attention – video is a great way to do this
- Improve your search ranking – You Tube is the second largest search engine so why not increase your exposure by having your own channel?
- Increase sales! – Forbes Insight shows that 50% of people who watched an online video then went on to make a business purchase – not bad eh?
- 300 hours of video content is currently uploaded every minute – so be a part of this.
What do you think? Tell us about your experience of using video as part of your marketing strategy below.
Clients we have worked with on video content
- Forest Park – a leisure and tourism PR video shared across social media and a website’s landing page
- ThatSale Site – a vox pop video to launch a new online fashion brand
- Holkham Country Fair – coverage of this popular North Norfolk event shared across social media channels and used within a news story on the Eastern Daily Press website.