Woodforde's Norfolk Ales
- Woodforde’s is Norfolk’s most loved brewery.
- The brewery teamed up with the University of East Anglia (UEA) to support its first real ale society.
- Its first ever beer and food matching event was a sell-out.
- Bure Gold was one of its fastest selling beers.
Our challenge was to increase brand awareness with real ale fans across the UK through drink PR.
Our PR agency’s approach included:
- Publicising its first ever food and beer tasting event with a media lunch and social media campaign
- Managing the press launch of Woodforde’s summer beer, Bure Gold
- Co-ordinating media around the Royal Norfolk Show and an appearance from former head of the British army, General Lord Dannatt
- Entering the business into the EDP’s Business Awards
- Setting up brewery tours set up with an Archant Editor and Publican Morning Advertiser Editor,
Within our first 6 months, our results included:
- Press coverage of the Ale Trail alone reaching more than 76,000 people
- Woodforde’s named a finalist for the Food and Farming Excellence award
- A front page mention and a double page spread secured in regional media
- A buzz created on social media, resulting in a sell-out food and ale matching event.
The team at Reflection PR have achieved fantastic results, including the biggest spread of coverage we've ever had in our key regional paper. Offering a planned and proactive approach, they bring sound PR advice and ideas to our business.
Rupert Farquharson, Managing Director, Woodforde's